New product release: MDX-D800
MDX housing for FX format cameras Nikon D800/D800E compatible with Fiber-optic cable.
MDX-D800 Housing (Dark blue)
Port, bracket shoe, strobe connector (*1) and Optional Leak Sensor are sold separately.
[Accessories] Housing body cap, camera quick shoe, attachment tool
● Compatible with both the VF180 1.2x / VF45 1.2x viewfinders
By attaching the VF180 (#46112) or the VF45 prism viewfinders (#46111) (magnification ratio of 1.2x) to the housing, the magnification increases by 1.2x and entire field of view can be seen at the same time. Recommended for users committed to strict composition and focusing.
● The unique design makes the MDX-D800 one of the most ergonomically designed housing on the market today
With both hands on the grips, further improved ergonomic design provides access to such controls as the main command dial and the sub-command dial the both of which are necessary for manual photography not to mention controls for video function.
● Two Fiber-optic cable sockets
By connecting the Fiber-optic cable (L-type) to the socket, the light of the digital camera's built-in flash is detected and connected to an external strobe.
● Every detail of the housing is precision-machined from a solid aluminum-alloy block to achieve a high-quality texture and design, the colored anodization strengthens the housing's corrosion resistance and abrasion resistance. All edges have been polished carefully for safety.
● Almost all functions of the Nikon D800/D800E can be operated underwater (the Fn button located on the front of the camera is not supported).
● The camera's built-in flash can be activated or disabled from the housing.
● Equipped with an accessory port for HDMI output (*2)
● Every button equipped with a luminous sticker.
● The housing buttons are angled for ease of use and enhanced functionality.
● Equipped with a tripod socket in the center of the bottom of the main body.
● Comes with an optical viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other interchangeable viewfinders are also available (optional).
● The quick shoe makes the camera easy to install and remove from the housing.
● An optional leak sensor is available (#46115).
● Depth rating of 100m/330ft makes the housing ideal for tech diving.
*1 The MDX-D800 is standard with a connector cap only. Sync cord connectors are available (optional). External strobe(s) or YS Converter/N can be used by removing the connector cap and then installing Optional Sync Cord 2-pin Connector (#50122) or Optional YS Converter/N 5-pin Connector (#50123).
*2 External monitor housing such as Wahoo Monitor HD for SONY CLM-V55 can be used. Contact an official SEA&SEA dealer near you.
Construction: Body: corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (machined) / Grip: corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminum alloy.
Depth rating: 100m/330ft.
Dimensions (W x H x D): 349 x 210 x 141mm / 14.0 x 8.4 x 5.6 inches
Weight: Approx. 2,800g / 98.7oz.
Optional YS Converter / N 5-pin Connector
User replaceable 5-pin strobe connector and sync connector set. The connector set can be fixed after removing cap for accessory port.
* The connector set is required to connect the YS Converter / N to SEA&SEA housings for Nikon digital SLR cameras which are equipped with accessory port as standard.
Optional Leak Sensor
The sensor immediately alerts you to any water leakage by super luminosity LED lighting up.