New product release: MDX-α7 ll
Housing for the SONY α7 ll (featuring the world's first 5-axis in-body image stabilization in a full-frame mirrorless camera) is compatible with Optical YS Converter.
MDX-α7 ll Housing (black) (Housing only)
* Port and strobe connector (*1) sold separately.
The Optical YS Converter can be installed in the housing
Compatible with the new Optical YS Converter/S1 (NEW) for MDX housings. Optical YS Converter converts the camera's TTL signal to a light signal. Optical YS Converters allow for TTL and manual strobe photography when using a Fiber-Optic Cable ll.
* As the compatible Optical YS Converter is not a module, installation and removal must be completed by an official SEA&SEA service centre. Please contact an official SEA&SEA dealer near you.
* Fiber-Optic Cable ll is required when using the Optical YS Converter.
* SONY's own shoe adapter "ADP-MAA" is required to connect the camera and the Optical YS Converter.
Compatible with both VF180 (#46112) and VF45 (#46111) 1.2x viewfinders
Using the VF180 (#46112) or VF45 (#46111) viewfinders increases magnification by 1.2x and provides a full field of view. The VF180 and VF45 are recommended for users dedicated to strict composition and focusing.
* Some vignetting occurs.
Compatible with FE series lenses designed for full-frame sensor cameras
In addition to various E-mount lenses, the camera and housing are compatible with FE series lenses for full-frame image sensor cameras via the ML-NX Conversion Ring 30 (NEW).
Scheduled to be compatible with:
SEL55F18Z Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA / SEL2870 FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS / SEL1635Z Vario-Tessar T* FE16-35mm F4 ZA OSS / FE28mm F2 / FE28mm F2 + FE Ultra-Wide Converter / FE28mm F2 + FE Fisheye Converter / SEL35F14Z Distagon T* FE 35mm F1.4 ZA / FE90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
Major controls, including levers and buttons, will glow in dark conditions.
The camera's diopter-adjustment dial can be operated from the housing. This feature is effective when two or more people (with different eyesight) use the housing.
Equipped with movable Focus/Zoom gear
When the focus/zoom dial is pulled out, the gear inside the housing moves outward and allows large diameter lenses to be easily mounted.
Main dials are equipped with damper springs
The front dial, rear dial, diopter-adjustment dial and AF/MF/AEL switch lever all have spring-loaded dampers to provide secure operation.
- Equipped with two fiber-optic cable sockets.
- All camera functions can be used underwater.
- The camera's LCD monitor can be tilted up to 10 degrees.
- Front case equipped with a lens-lock release button. This allows lenses to be changed easily without opening the housing.
- The housing has two accessory ports. One is designed for N-type (two-pin connected) strobe connector and the other is designed for HDMI output.
- The port lock can be activated (lock and unlock) from outside the housing.
- The camera's lens-lock release button is accessible from the outside of the housing.
- The multi-selector has been positioned on the right side of the rear case making it easily accessible while holding the grip, just like operating the camera directly.
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes to avoid electrolysis damage (one on the front case and one the rear).
- The mounting screw hole is located on the centre underside of the housing.
- Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders may be used.
- Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to water ingress.
- A depth rating of 100m / 330ft makes the housing ideal for tech diving.
*1 The housing is not equipped with a strobe connector when shipped from the factory. Use Fiber-optic Cables when connecting external strobes. The Optional Sync Cord 2-pin Connector (#50122) is required if you with to use a conventional hardwired sync cable.
Construction: Body: corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (machined) Grip: corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminum alloy
Depth rating: 100m / 330ft
Dimensions, including port: (W x H x D): 325 x 160 x 104mm / 12.8 x 6.3 x 4.1 inches
Weight: Approx. With grips: 2,250g / 79.4oz. - Without grips: 1,860g / 65.6oz.