YS Converter/C can be built into the housing
YS Converter/C can now be built into the MDX-6D housing. With the (optional) internal YS Converter/C, the ergonomics of the housing system will be greatly enhanced. TTL exposure-compensation and switching between TTL and Manual modes are controlled from the housing. Remaining battery power can also be checked from the housing.
* The internal YS Converter can be installed by your nearest official SEA&SEA service centre.
Compatible with both the VF180 1.2x and VF45 1.2x viewfinders
By attaching the VF180 (#46112) or the VF45 prism viewfinders (#46111) (magnification ratio of 1.2x) to the housing, the magnification increases by 1.2x and entire field of view can be seen at the same time. Recommended for users committed to strict composition and focusing.
* You may encounter some difficulties to access the info button function if VF45 1.2x is installed on the housing. To avoid this problem, manufacturer suggests using VF180 1.2x instead.
Port can be replaced without opening the housing
Port lock can be now activated from outside the housing. The housing is also equipped with a ‘lens-lock release’ button which allows the lens to be replaced without opening the housing. The port lock can also be activated from inside like previous SEA&SEA housings.
Internal YS Converter/C for MDX-6D
Contact an official SEA&SEA service centre near you to install the internal YS Converter/C.
● Accessory connector (supplied with the converter) is fixed in the accessory port.
● LED showing battery charge remaining is situated above the viewfinder on the rear of the housing.
● 3 mode strobe selection switches (for Left and Right) are located inside the housing.
● Battery box (for CR2 lithium battery) is situated inside the housing.
Compatible strobes: YS-D1, YS-110α and YS-250
Accessory: CR2 lithium battery.
* When using external strobe(s) either the 5-pin Sync Cord/N or the 5-pin Dual Sync Cord/N is required.